Sports Premium money is ring-fenced funding from central government to improve the provision of PE and sport.
Possible uses for the funding might include:
- hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers when teaching PE
- supporting and engaging the least active children through new or additional Change4Life clubs
- paying for professional development opportunities for teachers in PE and sport
- providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE and sport
- running sports competitions, or increasing pupils’ participation in the School Games
- buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE and sport
- providing places for pupils on after-school sports clubs and holiday clubs
- pooling the additional funding with that of other local schools.
Our 2021-22 plan was evaluated in July 2022 and the evaluation can be found here: