At Sherborne CofE Primary School we welcome and encourage all parents to be actively involved in their child's school life. In the words of one of our Year 6 children, "it's more than just a school. It's like a family."
Communication is key to effective, positive relationships and we use a variety of methods to keep parents up to date with their children's happiness, progress and attainment, as well as upcoming events. These are ways we communicate with our parents:
* Letters via email (to replace the traditional letters on paper, which saves trees and avoids them getting lost!)
* SMS Teachers to Parents for reminders and updates
* Weekly Newsletters
* Informal chats with parents at drop-off and pick-up times
* Telephone calls to parents, usually after school
* 'Golden Letter' to recognise excellent behaviour and attitudes
* Parents' Evening three times a year
* Open afternoons three times a year
* Class assemblies three times a year
* Start of Year, Harvest, Christmas, Easter and End of Year Services
* Annual Report
Parents are encouraged to pass on any brief messages to their child's classteacher at the start of the school day. Where longer conversations may be needed, parents should contact Mrs Pether in the school office to arrange an appointment to meet with the class teacher and/or the Headteacher. Reading Record books are for staff and parents to make notes about reading and are not used as a home-school communcation diary.