Welcome to our School
Congratulations! You have just discovered a real gem of a school. We are located in the middle of a beautiful village in the heart of the Cotswolds. Sherborne CofE Primary is a small, friendly and vibrant school which places its children at its very core.
The aims of the school are very simple. We want our children to enjoy coming to school; to become inquisitive and independent learners and; to provide children with an unforgettable learning experience.
Our unique approach to delivering high-quality teaching and learning has meant that the school is over-subscribed in most year groups. We do not hold open days or rely on advertising – word of mouth is all we need!
To find out more about what makes Sherborne so special, you are welcome to visit the school. During your visit, you will see:
- Children who are well-behaved, respectful and caring
- Staff who are friendly, hard-working and committed
- A school which prioritises children’s mental health, including weekly Forest School sessions for every class and units of work on mindfulness and resilience
- A Reception and Year 1 class of no more than twenty children taught by two fully-qualified teachers
- A Year 2 and 3 class and a Year 4, 5 and 6 class with no more than 22 children in each
- A school set in National Trust land, with extensive grounds and inspiring views
- Work on the school’s Erasmus+ Project, where our children work alongside peers from five different European countries
- Peaceful, idyllic surroundings
- A re-designed curriculum which offers a greater range of opportunities across all year groups
- Results which consistently place us within the top 20% of schools nationally
- Just why we are so popular!
I hope that you will find all the information you need when you browse through our website. If you have any questions then do not hesitate to call our school administrator, Mrs. Parker, to arrange a time to come and visit us. We very much look forward to meeting you and your family.