Ofsted is the Office for Standards in Education, Children’s Services and Skills. It inspects services providing education and skills for learners of all ages. It also inspects and regulates services that care for children and young people.
Sherborne CofE Primary School had a short Section 8 Inspection on the 19th October 2017. The School was graded Good in all areas.
In particular, the inspection identified the following strengths of the school:
- The quality of teaching, learning and assessment has risen rapidly
- Pupils’ experience of school has improved and so has their achievement
- Pupils work well together in their mixed-age classes
- Teachers are adept at planning activities that meet the different needs of pupils
- The family atmosphere at the school helps to motivate pupils
- Teachers know the pupils very well and provide a wide range of interesting learning experiences for them
- Sport is a particular strength of the school. Pupils have performed at county level in athletics, hockey and mountain biking
- Pupils demonstrated their tenacity and independent thinking by solving engineering challenges
- Pupils are engaged consistently in their work
- Parents are very supportive of the school, and would recommend it to others
You can read the report in full by clicking on the link below